Dakota is an artist from the Pacific North West currently located in San Francisco. With a background in scientific illustration, ecology, and museum studies communication through visuals is her passion. Through Hazel Hill Studios she aims to supply scientists, authors, and storytellers with fluid and engaging visuals and scientific content that aid in creating emotional connections and support the mission of educating our public about nature, scientific concepts, and conservation.
Dakota received her B.A. in Ecology from The Evergreen State College in Olympia, WA and attended CSUMB's Science Illustration graduate program in Monterey, CA, and is currently receiving her masters in Museum Studies at the University of San Francisco.
She is a member of the Guild of Natural Science Illustration.
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles CA
- The Audubon Zoo and Nature Institute, New Orleans LA
- The Smithsonian National Zoo, Washington DC
- Five Sisters Zoo, West Calder Scotland
- Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, Tacoma WA
Get in touch! For information on work and/or commissions, please visit our contact page.